TO: Families New to SJB DATE: June 2018
FROM: Brian Blomquist, Principal
Back to School Dates
- Pre-K Open House, 5-6 pm, Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Buddy Family Picnic, Field 6:00 pm Wednesday, Aug. 22
- New Parent Orientation, Library 7:30 pm Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Kindergarten Open House, 11 am to noon, Thursday, Aug. 23
- First Day of School, 8 am to 3 pm, Wednesday, August 29
- Back to School Night, 6:00 pm Thursday, August 30.
- Full Days 8-3 After Care 3-6
- Half Days 8-12 Half-Day After Care 12-4
- Morning Care 7-8
Tuition is paid through TADS, a tuition management system
$8,150 Catholic K-8 Tuition
$9,250 Non-Catholic K-8 Tuition
$8,400 Catholic Preschool Tuition
$9,500 Non-Catholic Preschool Tuition
Discounts for Multiple Children
Two Children $600 discount for each child
Three Children $1,000 discount for each child
Four Children $1,200 discount for each child
Tuition Assistance -- Archdiocesan assistance application deadline will be in December. Catholic parishioners must complete Parish Verification Form each year to receive the Catholic rate.
- Activity Fee ($175 per family) covers playground, cultural arts, school pictures, calendar, yearbook and expenses associated with other activities
- Book & Technology Fee ($150 per child) covers curriculum and technology needs
- Milk Fee ($35) is automatically charged for preschool students. Milk must be provided to each preschool student according to state requirements.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers are taken from the information entered by families on TADS. The directory is distributed during the first week of school.
- See Order Form. Milk will be served on day one.
- Regular hours: 3-6 pm Half-Day Hours: 12-4 pm
- Available the first day of school
- Registration: $30 per family paid on TADS. Unregistered family is charged the first time the child uses After Care.
- No After Care on half days before vacations: Christmas Vacation (Dec. 19), Easter Vacation (April 17), Summer Vacation (June 13)
Health Inventory and Immunization Forms
- Must have been completed and uploaded on TADS, or immunization form must be downloaded, completed, and sent to the school office
- Flyers are enclosed. For pictures of school uniforms, go to the uniform page of the website.
- To buy girls' jumpers, skirts and other items, go to Flynn O'Hara. Tel: 1-800-441-4122 or 301-838- 8958. When ordering online, click on “Your School Store,” log in and enter “St. John the Baptist.” Our particular plaid uniform will show there. Students may wear the polo shirts and sweaters without logos or with SJB logos.
- SJB logo polo shirts and sweaters can be purchased through Lands’ End at 1-800-469-2222. The SJB Preferred School # 9000-7988-0.
- PE uniforms are sold by A1 Uniforms, 1-800-334-2205, 4010 Volta Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20722. Group password: THEBAPTIST
- The Uniform Bank is a great way to pick up extra uniforms to get you started. Call the school office to make sure someone can open the Uniform Bank for you.