Halloween Parade to Start at 10 am on Thursday
Parents are welcome to come to the school to enjoy on the parade.
Because the parade will take place in the SJB parking lot, parents should park along the White Oak fence.
Parents should contact teachers about coming to classrooms early to help children with costumes, and parents should check in at the school office before going to the classrooms.
Students may come to school out of uniform on Thursday, but they should not come to school in full costume. They will start to change into costumes in their classrooms at 9:30 am.
Some costume rules: no weapons, no fake blood, nothing too scary for the younger children
After the parade, the 8th grade will hot a haunted house for students in grades 4-7 and bean-toss and musical chairs for students in grades K-3.
Dismissal is at 12 noon on Thursday, Oct. 27, and there is no school for students on Friday, Oct. 28., for teacher professional development.
First Quarter Ends Thursday, Oct. 27
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be scheduled after school on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov. 9 & 10.
Students Must Follow Winter Uniform Code on Monday, Oct. 31
Students must be in regular uniforms and, on PE days, come in long PE pants and PE warmup jackets.
The Uniform Code can be found on pages 26-30 of the Parent-Student Handbook. It states that students may wear shorts during the 1st quarter and after Easter Vacation Monday. This school year the first quarter ends on Thursday, Oct. 27, and Easter Vacation ends on Monday, April 17.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 8:30-9:30 am Open House for New Families
- Thursday, Oct. 27 10 am Halloween Parade
- Thursday, Oct. 27 12 Noon Dismissal, After Care 12-4
- Friday, Oct. 28 No School - Teacher Professional Development
- Monday, Oct. 31 First Day of 2nd Quarter
- Monday, Oct. 31 Winter Uniform Code Takes Effect
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 Applications Open for New Students
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 School Attends 9 am All Saints Mass
- Wednesday, Nov. 9 3:30 to 6 pm Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 10 3:30 to 8 pm - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, Nov. 11 No School -- Veterans Holiday
- Wednesday, Nov. 23 No School - Thanksgiving Holiday
- Thursday, Nov. 24 No School -- Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday, Nov. 25 No School - Thanksgiving Holiday
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 8th Grade High School Placement Test
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 6-7 pm Open House
- Thursday, Dec. 1 7 pm Band Concert
- Saturday, Dec. 3 Breakfast with Santa (8-9:30 & 10:30-12)
Thank You for Supporting Box of Joy Service Project
If You Still Have a Gift Box, Please Send it Full or Empty by Thursday, Oct. 27
The school has received nearly 150 boxes that will bring Christmas joy to poor children in South America.
You still have time to send in your box. Boxes will be accepted through Thursday, Oct. 27.
If you are not able to participate in this year's service project, please send your empty box back to the school by Thursday, Oct. 27. There is a small cost for the boxes themselves.
Thank you to everyone who has helped make a success of the first Box of Joy project.
Become Volunteer Certified
Please remember that SJB volunteers must be child-protection certified in order to help in the classroom, as chaperones on field trips, and with fun events like Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 3. Here are the steps to becoming child-protection certified.