Enrollment Deadline For Returning Students is Tuesday
Enrolling is important for you and for the health of the school:
- It reserves a place in the classroom for your child for next year.
- It tells the school how many applicants can be accepted in each grade.
- It gives the school information for staffing, supplying, and budgeting.
Please remember to enroll your child for the 2022-23 school year on TADS by Tuesday, January 25. You must enroll each child, but there is just one registration fee per family. If you have questions about enrolling on TADS, call the family support line at 612-548-3320 from 9 am to 7 pm Monday through Friday. Thank you for your cooperation and support for SJB.
SJB Health & Safety Update
There are two students out for Covid-19. There are no teachers out for Covid-19.
- 23 students have tested positive for Covid-19
- 16 of the 23 students tested positive before they came back to school from Christmas break
- 9 of the 23 students tested positive after a sibling tested positive and they stayed home to quarantine
- 3 students -- one each in Kindergarten, 4th grade, and 8th grade - returned to school and tested positive after experiencing symptoms
Contact tracing determined that there were no close contacts in school, and all three students completed isolation and returned to school when their symptoms were gone.
In the past two weeks, one staff member tested positive for Covid-19, completed isolation, and returned to school.
Two staff members tested positive before returning to school from the Christmas break. Both returned a week on January 10.
Additional staff members were absent for bereavement and illnesses unrelated to Covid-19. Because it's been hard to get substitute teachers, many staff members performed many different duties.
SJB's pandemic policy was updated to reflect new guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and state and county health departments. The policy was updated in consultation with the Catholic Schools Office of the Archdiocese of Washington, the SJB nurse and consulting pediatrician. The policy can be found under the "About" tab on the SJB website.
Coming Up at SJB
Wednesday, January 19 Timkat Ethiopian & Eritrean Orthodox Celebration
Friday, January 21 Pizza lunch for those who ordered
Tuesday, January 25 Last day to register for 2022-23
Monday, January 31 Start of Catholic Schools Week
Tuesday, February 1 Start of Black History Month
SJB Spirit Wear Day
1:30-2:30 Black History Month Jeopardy
Wednesday, February 2 Candlemas – Blessing of Candles
10:30 am – Blessed Sacrament Procession
- Blessing of Classrooms by Father Nathanael
- Adoration in Church Grades 6-8
Thursday, February 3 Pizza Lunch for all students
Friday, February 4 9-11 am Roll Out of Bed & Read
11 am Foul Shot Contest
Chess Club Needs A Few More Members
After-school chess club is set to begin on January 29. There are currently seven students registered, and Chess Wizards needs 10 students for a class. Here is the flyer for Chess Club.