Please see the Gold Folder page for news on events and activities in the school and community -- including service projects, school picnic, and the Jogger.
Tuition and Budget Report
The tuition rate for 2021-22 was set the week before Easter and posted on the tuition page of the school website.
A report on tuition and the 2021-22 school budget was given before the School Advisory Board during an open meeting on Monday night.
Here is some of the information shared:
- The school budget is typically formed from December to February, fine-tuned in April and May, and finalized at the end of June.
- School income is based primarily on enrollment and tuition.
- Expenses are based mostly on staff salaries. Increases in expenses are driven mostly by increases in employer-provided health insurance.
SJB expects to absorb a loss of $100,000 in after-care income this year.
The pause in major fundraising may have an impact on the availability of future tuition assistance.
Enrollment decreased this school year due to space limitations on the number of students permitted in classrooms.
- The annual tuition increase has been $200 on average over the past seven years.
98 percent of SJB school families re-registered on time this year, providing the school with real enrollment figures for the 2021-22 school year.
Enrollment for next year is 237 students, 13 students more than enrollment now.
- Outdoor education fees are being rolled over from this year's 6th grade to next year's 7th grade. We have booked dates in the spring of 2022 for next year's 6th grade and next year's 7th grade to have outdoor education.
- 7th grade field trip fees are being credited to current school accounts or to 2021-22 school accounts.