Dear SJB Families,
Picture Day is Thursday, Sept. 22. Students may come to school dressed up -- and out of uniform -- for student portraits.
See the Gold Folder for more information on picture day, Family Flix, Cornhole, Little Feet, and more.
Morning Drop-Off Observations & Reminders
Morning drop-off has been going relatively well. To help our parents, our drop-off team shares a few observations.
When is the carpool line the longest?
- From 7:40 to 7:45 am, parents are still waiting in their cars for 7:45 am drop-off.
- From 7:55 to 8:05, there’s often a late rush to drop off students for the start of school at 8 am.
When is the carpool line the shortest?
- There’s a lull between 7:48 am and 7:55 am. This quiet period comes after the initial drop-off group leaves and before the last-minute group arrives.
Thank You for Following These Four Drop-Off Rules
- Thank you, parents, for staying in the carpool line all the way to the stop sign. For safety reasons, we have asked you to refrain from cutting through the lot after dropping off your child. Thank you for your patience.
- Thank you, parents, for pulling all the way up to the stop sign to drop off your child. This speeds up the drop-off process for everyone because you are making room for more cars to come into the drop-off area.
- Thank you, parents, for waiting until 7:45 am to let your children out of your cars. At 7:45 am, when supervision begins, children may leave their cars and walk to their grade-level waiting areas. They wait there until the teachers let them inside at 7:55 am. Note: some 8th grade students arrive earlier for morning service duties.
- Thank you, parents, for remembering that the preschool lot is reserved for families with children in preschool. Preschool families may drop off and pick up older siblings at the preschool. Everyone else should use the main lot.
The Gold Folder page has news and information about SJB events and activities and is continually updated.
The Principal's Note is more focused on what's happening in school and what's important for school families to know. A new Principal's Note is sent out each week.
SJB Covid Policy This Year: See the 2022-23 policy page.